Game Control Sphere
Game Control Sphere contain skills that are focused on controlling and manipulating the game. The skills in this sphere are very useful because a deck that is focused on controlling the game has a fast reaction power and is easily capable of deny or avoid almost any opponents strategies.
- Wall: This skill protects your pool against melee attacks or ranged attacks (combat wall or Long Range Wall), depending on the card. When it is activated, no melee attacks can be made or no long range damage is allowed.
- Material Repair: This is a very versatile skill. There is a deck strategy that focus on King attacks. This deck is usually full of powerful weapons and the King attacks almost every turn. The material repair skill is very important because makes weapons and armors new again. So if you have an important weapon or armor that is a must for your strategy, you may keep repairing it.
- Spying Plans: Knowing the cards of your opponent hands is almost like foreseeing the future. If you know his cards you can better adapt your actions according them. This skill is very useful specially for those decks that focus on discarding opponents cards. There is a Keeper of Magic card, called Revealling Dagger, that is a weapon and it forces the opponent to show his cards. Although this skill is important, it isn't easy to keep a weapon in play, because the durability.
- Add Resources: This skill allows you and sometimes your opponent to buy more than a card per turn. This skill is also used to allow you to buy instantly cards. The more cards you buy, the faster is your deck and easily good cards reaches on your hands. Below are some example of cards that uses this skill.
The card Invoking Dragons is an excellent opportunity at a low cost (only 5 EPs) to buy 5 cards. The ideal is using it when you have few or no cards on your hands.
Templars Secret Treasure is even better, player buys 4 cards from his draw pile without having to discard anything.
- Steal Resources: Buying cards from opponents pile is a very interesting skill, once that besides removing cards from opponent deck, you still have a chance to get a useful card that can really help you on particular situations. This is a rare skill but it can be useful for those decks that main focus is to force opponent to discard his cards.
The card Set the Omens by The Fire is a strong Sons of Gaia Ability. Its is not expensive (costs 4 Energy points) and user draws 2 new cards from his opponent's pile. Besides buying 2 cards, it is still opens the possibility to you buy cards totally different from your strategy and sometimes this may bring a good surprise.
In other hand, Astrology is expensive (costs 5 EPs) to buy a single card from your opponent's draw pile!
- Destroying Plans: This skill is very powerful because forces your opponent to discard his cards. This skill may force him to discard randomly or sometimes you may see his cards and choose which ones he must discard. There is also the possibility to force him to discard a certain type of card. If you have a strategy that keeps forcing the opposing player to discard his cards, he will be in serious problems.
- Inspect Piles: This skill is one of the most important skill for speed decks and one of the rarest too. This game is not about how many good cards you have, but how fast you can have them in your hands and how they connect to your strategy. This skill allows you to inspect your piles (Draw pile, Discard Pile etc), change cards order or even get a chosen card from there and put it in your hands.
- Inspect opponent hands: This skill may devastate your opponent. This skill allows you to look your opponent hands and in certain cases, to choose what cards you want him to discard. This skill can easily surprise your opponent and screw up his strategy.
- Return Card From Discard Pile: The discard pile contains cards that was forced to be discarded or that was destroyed. To be able to return these cards to your hands or play is a tremendous advantage for any deck strategy. This skill allows you to bring cards back to the game.
- Multicasting: One of the greatest points of the Game of Kings is the possibility of mixing different factions into the same deck. This mix results in thousand of possible combinations. To have a successful mixed deck, you need multicasters. Multicasting is a skill that grants to your King the ability to use abilities cards from different factions. This skill is very important because they help to reduce the dependency among your cards. The more this dependency, the slower your deck is.
- Recall: From the Sphere of Game Control, recall is a very important skill because allow you to recycle your deck, shuffling your discard pile to your draw pile again. This skill is a must for speed decks, because you can start over again, your destroyed cards may return to your hands once more.
All trademarks, images, characters and drawings presented in this website are proprietary to the Island of Games, which is the owner of the Game of Kings. Any usage, copy or exposition is subjected to copyrights laws.